… we start whipping up some Pumpkin Spice Pancakes! These pancakes are light and fluffy and smell and taste like fall! We enjoy them almost every weekend October through November, but they would also make a lovely breakfast on Thanksgiving. We whip these up using my grain and gluten free flour blend, but you can substitute your favorite gluten free flour. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
175g Gluten Free AP Flour (I like Mama’s Almond Flour Blend OR Teresa’s Grain Free Blend – Recipe Below)
24g Flaxseed Meal (If your gluten free flour has xanthin gum, omit the flax seed)
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups lactose free whole milk (I’ve also used our homemade vanilla almond milk)
3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
4 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup unsalted ghee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Maple syrup for serving
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Whisk milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, melted butter and vanilla in medium bowl to blend well.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients; whisk just until smooth (batter will be thick).
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites in another medium bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold whites into batter in 2 additions.
- Brush large nonstick skillet with oil; heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls into skillet. Cook until bubbles form on surface of pancakes and bottoms are brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing skillet with oil between batches. Serve with syrup.
*** If you would like to make this recipe using regular flour, try this Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes recipe on Epicurious… it is what I modified to create my recipe.
Teresa’s Grain Free Flour Blend
4 ½ Cups Almond Flour
1 ½ Cups Coconut Flour
2 Cups Potato Starch
1 Cup Tapioca Starch
4 ½ Cups Cassava Flour
Blend well. Store in a cool dry place. When swapping with flour in recipes, start with about 1/4 cup less, then add more if needed.
*** This flour recipe is my own blend. If you use it for your own recipes online, please do not share with out linking back to this original post.